The World Boxing Council launched the request to ring officials and supervisors affiliated with the WBC, to send their proof of vaccination against Covid-19, having a great response, with 142 registrations so far.
The WBC is a leader in our sport and while the world is still facing a pandemic with a substantial increase in reported cases and hospitalizations in most countries, we must help each other and lead by example. Let’s do our part to help our sport and all those affected by the pandemic by acting in the best possible way.
To those who have not yet sent their vaccination card, we remind you that you can do so at the following email address: email@example.com. It is also highly recommended that you send this document to the WBC federation with which you are affiliated.
We also recommend that you continue to take the following health and safety measures:
– If you haven’t already done so, get vaccinated as soon as possible.
– Wear a mask over your nose and mouth at all times when in public
-Follow the following hygiene protocols:
* Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly;
* Avoid touching your face;
* Avoid touching surfaces and objects;
* Avoid crowds unless absolutely necessary;
* Get routine COVID-19 tests if you have questions or symptoms;
* Strictly follow all guidelines and rules issued by authorities and during boxing-related events by the local boxing commission and / or promoter of any event to which you are assigned.
For the WBC, vaccination is an act of responsibility with the boxing community and it is important to raise awareness and set an example that vaccines against COVID-19 prevent people from getting seriously ill or dying from complications of this disease.
It is important to clarify that all vaccines are safe and it is essential that we all get vaccinated because in addition to protecting our health, it is an act of love and solidarity, because it is not only thinking individually but in others and today we have the opportunity to change this, to fight a cruel invisible enemy that has done us so much damage and one more step to put an end to this global nightmare.