THE BOXING WRITERS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA 92ND ANNUAL AWARDS DINNER
The Boxing Writers Association of America is proud to announce its 92nd Annual Awards Dinner will take place on Thursday, March 16, 2017, at Capitale, 130 Bowery, in New York City. The event will start with cocktails at 6 PM and dinner and awards at 7:30 PM.
Tickets are $175 for BWAA members and $225 for non-members.
This year's winners include:
-Carl Frampton, as the Sugar Ray Robinson Fighter of the Year, and first Irish fighter to ever win in the 79-year history of the award
-Francisco Vargas and Orlando Salido, as the Muhammad Ali-Joe Frazier Fight of the Year recipients
-Lee Samuels, as the Bill Crawford Courage award winner
- Bill Caplan, as the Barney Nagler Long and Meritorious winner
- Shane McGuigan, as the Eddie Futch Trainer of the Year
- Gordon Hall, for the Sam Taub Excellence in Broadcasting
- Bill Dwyre as the Nat Fleischer winner for excellence in boxing journalism
- John Beyrooty as the Marvin Kohn "Good Guy"
-David Berlin, as the James A. Farley Honesty and Integrity winner and Egis Klimas as the Cus D'Amato Manager of the Year.
The BWAA is also proud to announce it will be honoring Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum for 50 years of service to boxing.
Ticket information will be available through the BWAA website, at www.bwaa.org